Thursday, January 7, 2010

You got a little something on your cheek

GENTLEMEN, avert your eyes, I'm about to go all girly on you.

Cheek/Lip Stains. If you are like me and don't own foundation, and HATE the idea of anything powdery on your face (it shows the tiny little fuzz, comes off immediately and just looks like your are wearing MAKEUP), then you must know stains are where it's aaaaattt.

My obsession with stains started when I bought the MAC coral stain 6 years ago. I wore it every day, on my lips, on my cheeks, wherever needed colour (its the only thing you need in your purse, really). Well I grew out of MAC (and realized their stain wasn't all that great), and started shopping at Sephora, and so the hunt for the perfect stain began.

That is a really weird sentence.

Anyways, before Sephora came to Canada, my sister got me hooked on smuggling Benefit across the border. A tip, when buying makeup, make it look dirty and messy, mess it up around the lid. Then they won't fine your ass across the border for duty. I bought Benetint as SOON as it came out. I bought both the bottle, and the lip tint. Well, the lip tint container and lid was POORLY made and it opened inside my purse and stained everything but my effing lips. The tint itself is ok, but for my skin tone its a bit of a nightmare. It's pinky red and just an awkward shade. It also dyes your fingers. And smells weird.

I needed to get back to my coral roots.

Then came Stila Convertible Colour in Gerbera. Looked great on, for the 5 minutes it lasted (the mirror said, "You are you conceited bastard!" Lodi Dodi, Slick Rick and Snoop. Look it up) Next.

Oh, great. The deodorant stick for your fucking face. Tarte. It felt like sticky wax. NEVER. GROSS. Plus it has a colour called "Blushing Bride". What if you are single, divorced, widowed, but you like that colour? Smart marketing, Tarte.

FINALLY. THE LOVE OF MY LIFE.

I don't love buying stuff by The Balm or whatever, mainly because they sell it at Winners (I'm a snob remember), but their Staniac is PHENOMENAL. It does not come off, but doesn't dye your fingers. I wore it all day, a few people even commented that I looked healthy and glowing today, and I wore it to yoga where I was sweating like a maniac, and it STILL was on. I had a great, healthy glow until I used my cleanser before bed (now). The best part? It's $15. It has extremely lame ass names (Beauty Queen, Prom Queen, Homecoming queen (which is soft peach, but it is really ORANGE), but it is AMAZING. I LOVE YOU STANIAC.

The End.

0 comments: