Saturday, November 7, 2009

I'm just not that into you

After some apres work drinkies with some of my coworkers to celebrate a new sales guy popping-his-sales-cherry, I went on a date. I already was not into it to begin with, had postponed a date for weeks and weeks. Finally, I just did it to get it over with and to carry on. I show up three sheets to the wind, and had already postponed the date from 7:30 to 8, but show up at 8:15 knowing that he has to leave by 9.

He was wearing a pukka shell necklace, and had neglected to tame his eyebrows. Drunk goggles couldn't even save him.

Such a contrast to a fantastic date on Thursday. I am still seeking a distraction from Thursday date, as to not get ahead of myself and not get too excited. That never ends up well for me, but I can say that Thursday's date is someone I could see myself eventually getting excited about. We'll see. Play it cool. Play it cool.

The important question for me to ask myself is are all these dates really just a distraction from him?

At least none of these dates knew him, unlike the last one. Every time he mentioned his name, talking about how his dad was his professor, all I wanted to do was be on a date with him instead.

0 comments: